Thank you for choosing to adopt and save a life! Adding a new family member is a very exciting time, but please be mindful that you are making a commitment to care for a living being for up to the next 15-20+ years. Please be sure that you are serious about adopting, and that you are going to be fully committed to your new pet before applying!
- An accepted application does not place a hold on any particular animal. Our foster homes have limited space, and we typically receive multiple applications for any given cat. We ask that if your app is approved and we reach out to schedule a time for a meet and greet, that you respond to us within 24 hours. If we do not receive a timely response, we may move onto the next qualified applicant.
- We thoroughly review each application and work very hard to find the BEST fitting home for each of our fosters. Please do not be offended if your app is not accepted for a particular cat.
Trash Cat Rescue’s adoption process is as follows:
- Browse our website, Facebook, Instagram, Petfinder, or Adopt-a-Pet accounts to see our adoptable cats and kittens.
- If you see a “trashcat” that you’re interested in, please feel free to send us an email or private message to request more info, or just fill out our adoption application. Filling out the app is always the first official step to adopting any of our cats. (We do ask that you only apply if you are seriously ready to adopt!) Even if we don’t have a cat or kitten currently listed who meets what you’re looking for, you can still apply. Please be specific and give us details about yourself and what you are looking for in a cat on your app. If we have a cat close to being listed or in foster who might be a good fit for you, we will reach back out – apps will be kept on file for at least a period of 90 days.
- We will review your app (including checking landlord and vet references) and get back to you as soon as we can. Please be patient. Our small team is 100% volunteer-run. We do this cat rescue thing on the side, for “fun”.
- If your app is approved and a cat or kitten that is currently available is a good fit for you, we will schedule a time for you to meet the cat, usually in the home where it is being fostered.
- At the time of the meet and greet, if you and the cat hit it off, you can sign our adoption agreement, submit the requested adoption donation, and take your new best friend home!
You can find our available cats and kittens here.To apply, please fill out our adoption application, located here.